Grain-Free Almond Butter Cookies
These are so rich and delicious you forget that there's no sugar and no flour. Amazing. They're very easy to make and the recipe creates enough to share. Though we didn't.
Author: Mark Sylvester
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 cups almond butter - creamy - from Trader Joes
- 2 eggs, blended
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ C date paste or 8 dates
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Cacao powder (I like Dagoba)
- ½ teaspoon Pink Salt - or sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- In a Ninja blender or Vitamix, blend pitted dates with the Maple syrup until completely smooth
- Add Vanilla, salt, and baking soda
- In a small bowl, blend the eggs and the cacao powder until completely smooth
- In a large bowl, measure out the Almond Butter (takes 1½ jars) and add the Maple syrup date mix and the egg/cacao mixture.
- Blend until smooth
- Grease or paper-line an 8x8 or 8x10 or similar sized baking pan. Make sure it has high sides as these brownies rise quite a bit.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You might rotate them halfway through the baking time unless you have a nice convection oven.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then pop out of the pan, cut, and serve.